Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Just when I thought

Just when I thought I'd turned a corner, I injured my back. I don't know how, but one minute I was feeling more energy than I'd felt in some time; and the next minute, I could barely walk.

Why, what had I done wrong? it seems that that has been the story of my life for some years and  I hate it. I hate it and did you hear me, "I HATE IT!"


After nearly 5 days of bed rest and doing exercises I knew I should do, there was no progress so I saw the doc yesterday. Don't you ever get so sick and tired of being a patient, the one who has to be nice when you feel like junk? The one who has to spend what little amount of money I have on medications or on chiropracters? I'm sure that I'm not alone in this one, but what am I going to do?

But, I have no choice but to continue to try to put my best foot forward and hope that tomorrow will be a better day, for if I give in to today's despair, I think I'd be engulfed in self-pity. And self-pity leads to self-loathing; and who needs that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment